Photography Journal
this site the web

Thursday, January 28, 2010

EP-2 Is History, K-7 Is Present

Yes, finally got my hands on the mid-pro range category DSLR, the Pentax K-7.


Got it for 1.8k including 2 kit weather resistant lens. (18-55mm & 50-200mm)
A camera of this calibre at a price point of 1800 is totally value for money.
Buying point:
-Compact, Light, Strong and Weather Resistant Body + Lens
- 14.6 Mp Cmos Sensor, enough said
-100% dept of field view finder
-HD movie capture
- In Body Image Stabilisation of up to 4 stops
-921,000 Dots High Res 3.0" LCD (although I do my editting in the PC but still its a plus point)
- Improved Battery Life + Optional Battery Grip For Longer Lasting Battery
- Fast and Accurate Phase Detection AF
- Built In Filters + HDR Photo Capture Function
- Good Noise Control at High ISO
- Currently the Best Pentax DSLR for this price point

First Impression:
My first impression when I held the camera totally amazed me. In my mind I was thinking, such a small and light body with WR? How is that even possible. Definitely one of the smallest and lightest APSC Sensor DSLR camera in the market. Body and Lens feels tough yet exceptionally light.

Next, I went on to do a test shot after fully charging my battery. AF was fast and spot on. However, camera will hunt if using Auto point selection mode with an object of different layers such as a bird in a cage. To solve this, simply switch the AF mode to center point AF or select manually 1 of the 11 points to AF on. Bokeh was really impressive at F3.5 using the 18-55mm. Will upload the test shot when Im free.


18-55mm

This is an image of the 18-55mm with its hood on. I took it off the internet though. The lens feels very light therefore reducing the overall weight of the whole system. Do not forget about the weather resistant feature, now you could capture any moments even in harsh weathers.


50-200mm

This is how the 50-200 mm WR version looks like. This lens is the eye opener for me. As Im a previous M4/3 user, I have always thought those lens were light and small. But no. what you see before your eyes, the 50-200 is even smaller and lighter than a Lumix m4/3 45-200mm. A very handy lens to get some tele-photo zoom on the go.

I will upload images from both lens in my next update when I go on my next trip outing.

Wishlist:
Any Sigma/Tamron 50-300mm Lens K Mount,
A Macro Lens

No comments:

Post a Comment