Photography Journal
this site the web

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A new toy :)

Bought a really mint condition SMC Pentax-M 50mm F1.4 from a nice gentlemen for $220 (2nd hand) Was a really nice person, drove down from town to tampines mall starbucks for the deal. Was surprised that he was shooting with film camera, and without any metering, he manaually adjusted exposure in any light conditions. I take my hats off him :D. Heres the pic of the lens on my k-7:



Its lighter and smaller den my chinon 55mm f1.4... you must be eager to find out how this lens performs rite? So here it is took some random shots with it..

F1.4 1/1000 ISO 200 to freeze the spinning windmill.. love the amazing bokeh, click on  it to view the full size image and fall in love with its bokeh..

F1.4 1/400 ISO200 Click on it to see the bokeh effect on the plants. Detail of the cat is surprisingly sharp wide open.

Another shot with similar settings, nice cat was posing for me.

F1.4 1/1600 ISO200
One of my favourite shots, nice bokeh and nice colours produced...

The pentax 50mm f1.4 had to be one of my current favourite lens that I will bring everywhere I go. Performance is consistent, and image quality is excellent wide open. No regrets. Anyway, my Chinon F1.4 is available for sales at $130 do drop me a msg before its gone =)

No comments:

Post a Comment